By May 30, 2013Published:
- Yield: 8 Servings
This delicious teatime treat has been a favourite for many years. This recipe can be easily adapted for lots of different flavours such as apricot, raspberry or chocolate.
- 3 medium eggs
- 125g (5oz) caster sugar
- 125g (5oz) Juvela Gluten-Free White Mix
- Before you start, preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/Gas Mark 5 and grease and line a swiss roll tin (Approx 12x8inch or 30x20cm).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale and thick. (This will take about 10minutes and the mixture should have roughly tripled in volume; the texture will be creamy and silky, and the mixture should leave a trail when the whisk is lifted).
- Using a metal spoon, gently fold in the Mix, ensuring it is thoroughly combined.
- Transfer the mixture into the prepared tin and spread evenly into the corners. Bake in a preheated oven for 8-10 minutes until golden and firm to touch.
- Dust a large piece of greaseproof paper with caster sugar, and turn swiss roll out onto it. Peel off paper from the base of the sponge and trim off the edges. Spread a layer of jam or lemon curd onto the sponge, leaving a border around the edges.
- Make an incision about 1cm in from the short edge (making sure you don’t cut through the cake), and use this edge to make your first turn when rolling the sponge. Use the paper to help you roll the sponge tightly. Sit the roll seam side down and allow to cool; dust with icing sugar to serve.