Lower Fat Carrot Cake
By January 12, 2016Published:
- Yield: 8-10 Servings
Who doesn't love a slice of carrot cake! We've developed this gluten free version, which is just as scrummy and is a little kinder on the wasitline!
- 100g dark brown soft sugar
- 2 medium eggslightly beaten
- 100ml rapeseed oil
- 200g Juvela Gluten-Free Fibre Mix
- 1½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 3 tsp mixed spice
- Grated zest of an orange
- 200g carrots, peeled and grated
- 75g sultanas .
- For the cream cheese frosting:
- 200g extra light cream cheese
- 20g caster sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Zest of an orange
- Whisk the sugar, eggs and oil together fto form a smooth batter.
- Add the Fibre Mix, bicarbonate of soda and mixed spice and combine well.
- Fold in the orange zest, carrots and sultanas.
- Pour the mixture into an 8" loose based cake tin (greased and base lined) and bake in a preheated oven (190ºC/Gas Mark 5) for 35-40mins until risen and springy to touch.
- For the topping, combine all ingredients together and chill until needed.
- Once the cake is baked and cooled, spread with topping and decorate with orange zest (optional).