If you live in Scotland you will access your gluten-free prescription from the pharmacist through the Scottish Gluten-free Food Service.
NHS Scotland has produced an information pack which is available to download from: www.nhsinform.scot
This new NHS service allows you to manage your gluten-free prescription through your pharmacist instead of through your GP.
Your pharmacist will be on hand each month to support and advise you and will provide you with an annual health check to monitor your condition.
To register and sign up for the Gluten-free Food Service
– Ask your GP or dietitian for a Patient Registration Form
– Once registered you will receive a ‘Gluten-free Food List’ from your local Health Board. This list will detail what foods are available to you.*
– Check your monthly entitlement (in units) with your GP or dietitian
– Take the completed list to your nominated pharmacy
– You will be required to complete a new form each month and can make changes should you need to.
* Please note that the products which are available in your local Health Board are subject to change.
Please note that NHS Tayside provide gluten-free foods on prescription via the Tayside Gluten-Free Food Scheme.