Support for Healthcare Professionals
Juvela offers a dedicated range of support services to healthcare professionals involved in the care and management of patients with coeliac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis.
The Juvela range of staple gluten free foods is available on prescription for patients (adults and children) who have been clinically diagnosed with coeliac disease or dermatitis herpetiformis.
All our products have been approved by the Advisory Committee for Borderline Substances (ACBS)
As the leading gluten-free prescription brand in the UK for over 25 years Juvela are committed to providing high quality, safe, staple gluten free foods.
- All our products are specially formulated with vital nutrients to help meet the specific nutritional requirements of patients with coeliac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis.
- All our products have been specially developed to replicate the quality and taste profile of traditional gluten-containing foods as taste has been shown to be an important factor in aiding dietary adherence.
- All our products are made in a dedicated gluten free bakery and approved gluten free environments.
The gluten free wheat starch used in our products complies with the internationally agreed criteria for gluten free foods (Codex Alimentarius) and can be safely eaten in unlimited amounts by people with coeliac disease.
We offer a complimentary gluten free starter pack to patients recently diagnosed with coeliac disease. This allows the opportunity to try a selection of Juvela products before adding them to their prescription.
Healthcare professionals can direct patients to the sign-up page to request a starter pack, or alternatively you can contact our customer service team to order starter pack request cards for your patients.
Please be aware that we only send starter packs to those medically diagnosed with coeliac disease or dermatitis herpetiformis in prescribing areas – see further information below on prescribing policies.
- In England, the Juvela bread and mix products available are in line with Department of Health & Social Care Gluten Free Consultation Outcome (2018). Availability may vary depending on the local CCG policy.
- In Wales & Northern Ireland. The full Juvela range of staple gluten-free products is available on prescription in primary care. Availability may vary depending on the local Health Board formulary.
- In Scotland, the full Juvela product range is available through the Scottish Gluten Free Food service. Availability may vary depending on the local Health Board formulary.
Fresh Bread Ordering Service for Pharmacies
A pharmacy can place an order for Juvela Fresh Loaves and Fresh Rolls via the online ordering service. To log in, you will need an account number and pin code (this will be the same as the one you have used if you have previously used the Juvela Fresh Bread telephone ordering line).
Alternatively, you can place an order for our Fresh Loaves or Fresh Rolls by calling our dedicated telephone line: 0344 854 4998. If you need to set up an account you can speak to a dedicated advisor who will guide you through the process.
Please note: These specific ordering processes are only applicable to Juvela Fresh Loaves and Rolls. The other products within the Juvela range are ordered in the usual way via your pharmaceutical wholesaler.
Northern Ireland: If you are a pharmacist in Northern Ireland, please place your order for Juvela Fresh Bread by calling 028 9079 7458.
Juvela Fresh Loaves and Fresh Rolls are available as standard and mixed cases, and are delivered to the pharmacy four times a week.
Juvela HCP Product Resources
- Juvela Gluten Free Product Availability Guide
- Pharmacy Fresh Bread Ordering Arrangements
- Juvela foods nutrition summary
- Juvela foods allergen summary
- Juvela foods ingredients summary
- Juvela Gluten Free Mixes FAQ
Our patient support services
We provide a range of peer reviewed patient resources to healthcare professionals involved in the care and management of patients with coeliac disease and dermatitis herpetiformis. These can be accessed and downloaded for free to give to your patients and customers.
Living Gluten Free
- Everyday essentials recipes
- Makes Simply Everything – recipes using the Juvela Gluten Free Mixes
- Automatic breadmaker recipes
- Flying the nest – a guide to moving away from home with simple cost effective recipes
For more information:
Call our dedicated support team on: 0800 783 1992